MINOR GROUP 393 TEXTILE, CLOTHING AND FOOTWEAR TRADES WORKERS
TEXTILE, CLOTHING AND FOOTWEAR TRADES WORKERS prepare patterns and materials for fabricating and repairing garments, shoes, covers for furniture and other fabric, leather and canvas goods.
Indicative Skill Level:
Most occupations in this minor group have a level of skill commensurate with the qualifications and experience outlined below.
AQF Certificate III including at least two years of on-the-job training, or AQF Certificate IV (ANZSCO Skill Level 3)
In New Zealand:
NZ Register Level 4 qualification (ANZSCO Skill Level 3)
At least three years of relevant experience may substitute for the formal qualifications listed above. In some instances relevant experience and/or on-the-job training may be required in addition to the formal qualification.
- conferring with clients to determine styles, designs and articles to be fabricated
- cutting out master patterns
- cutting and preparing leather, canvas and sailcloth
- sewing, gluing and riveting leather and canvas
- lasting shoes and providing modifications and repairs to footwear
- sewing, fitting and altering garments
- measuring, cutting and covering furniture with materials
- padding and covering spring units to upholster mattresses