SUB-MAJOR GROUP 85 FOOD PREPARATION ASSISTANTS
FOOD PREPARATION ASSISTANTS prepare food in fast food establishments, assist Food Trades Workers and service staff to prepare and serve food, and clean food preparation and service areas.
Indicative Skill Level:
Most occupations in this sub-major group have a level of skill commensurate with the qualifications outlined below.
AQF Certificate I, or compulsory secondary education (ANZSCO Skill Level 5)
In New Zealand:
NZ Register Level 1 qualification, or compulsory secondary education (ANZSCO Skill Level 5)
For some occupations a short period of on-the-job training may be required in addition to or instead of the formal qualification. In some instances no formal qualification or on-the-job training may be required.
- assisting Cooks and Chefs by assembling and preparing ingredients
- preparing salads, sandwiches, hamburgers, fish and chips and other fast foods
- packing food and beverages in containers and on trays for serving
- cleaning kitchens and food preparation areas
- cleaning cooking and general utensils