SUB-MAJOR GROUP 34 ELECTROTECHNOLOGY AND TELECOMMUNICATIONS TRADES WORKERS
ELECTROTECHNOLOGY AND TELECOMMUNICATIONS TRADES WORKERS assemble, install, test and repair electrical appliances, networks and circuits, electronic systems and equipment, lifts, refrigeration and airconditioning equipment, electrical distribution networks, and telecommunications equipment.
Indicative Skill Level:
Most occupations in this sub-major group have a level of skill commensurate with the qualifications and experience outlined below.
AQF Certificate III including at least two years of on-the-job training, or AQF Certificate IV (ANZSCO Skill Level 3)
In New Zealand:
NZ Register Level 4 qualification (ANZSCO Skill Level 3)
At least three years of relevant experience may substitute for the formal qualifications listed above. In some instances relevant experience and/or on-the-job training may be required in addition to the formal qualification.
- examining blueprints, wiring diagrams and specifications to determine location and connections for installations
- testing for, locating and repairing electrical malfunctions
- cutting and connecting wiring and cables
- assembling, fabricating and installing electrical and electronic systems, networks, components and appliances
- installing, testing and adjusting electrical and mechanical parts of lifts
- installing and maintaining refrigeration and airconditioning equipment, and connecting electrical systems and appliances to power supplies
- installing, maintaining and repairing telecommunications and data transmission equipment
- transmitting and receiving radio messages