SUB-MAJOR GROUP 42 CARERS AND AIDES
CARERS AND AIDES provide basic care, supervision and other support services to individuals for the enhancement of their education, health, welfare and comfort.
Indicative Skill Level:
Most occupations in this sub-major group have a level of skill commensurate with the qualifications and experience outlined below.
In some instances relevant experience and/or on-the-job training may be required in addition to the formal qualification.
AQF Certificate III including at least two years of on-the-job training, or AQF Certificate IV or at least three years of relevant experience (ANZSCO Skill Level 3); or
AQF Certificate II or III, or at least one year of relevant experience (ANZSCO Skill Level 4)
In New Zealand:
NZQF Level 4 qualification, or at least three years of relevant experience (ANZSCO Skill Level 3); or
NZQF Level 2 or 3 qualification, or at least one year of relevant experience (ANZSCO Skill Level 4)
- planning, conducting and participating in educational and recreational activities to encourage the physical, social, emotional and intellectual development of children
- supervising children in recreational activities
- preparing and distributing educational aids
- assisting children with intellectual, physical and behavioural difficulties with their academic studies
- assisting Professionals in the provision of care and support to aged and disabled persons, patients in hospitals, clinics and nursing homes, and children in residential care establishments
- assisting patients and clients with personal care needs, rehabilitative exercises and providing emotional support
Follow us on...Like us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Follow us on Instagram