MINOR GROUP 392 PRINTING TRADES WORKERS
PRINTING TRADES WORKERS compose and set type prior to printing, set up and operate printing presses, bind and finish printed products, and prepare stencils and operate screen printing equipment.
Indicative Skill Level:
Most occupations in this minor group have a level of skill commensurate with the qualifications and experience outlined below.
AQF Certificate III including at least two years of on-the-job training, or AQF Certificate IV (ANZSCO Skill Level 3)
In New Zealand:
NZQF Level 4 qualification (ANZSCO Skill Level 3)
At least three years of relevant experience may substitute for the formal qualifications listed above. In some instances relevant experience and/or on-the-job training may be required in addition to the formal qualification.
- operating graphic cameras and other photographic equipment to reproduce camera-ready copy onto films, plates and digital output devices
- operating computer screen-based equipment for scanning, colour separation and correction, retouching and other processes used to transfer copy to film and produce film for plate, cylinder and digital output productions
- setting up, operating and monitoring machines used in typesetting, photographing copy, printing and cutting, folding, collating and binding printed material
- performing routine finishing operations and machine maintenance
- preparing stencils and operating screen printing equipment
Follow us on...Like us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Follow us on Instagram