UNIT GROUP 5513 PAYROLL CLERKS
PAYROLL CLERKS prepare payrolls and related records for employee salaries and statutory record-keeping purposes.
Indicative Skill Level:
Most occupations in this unit group have a level of skill commensurate with the qualifications and experience outlined below.
AQF Certificate II or III (ANZSCO Skill Level 4)
In New Zealand:
NZQF Level 2 or 3 qualification (ANZSCO Skill Level 4)
At least one year of relevant experience may substitute for the formal qualifications listed above. In some instances relevant experience and/or on-the-job training may be required in addition to the formal qualification.
- creating files for new employees to record payroll data
- maintaining and updating files for existing employees to record information such as employee contact details, leave taken, overtime, promotions, transfers, tax deductions, health insurance payments and superannuation
- preparing payroll data from time sheets and other payroll and personnel records
- processing payment of wages and salaries
- issuing and recording adjustments to employees' pay
- interpreting industrial awards
- providing information to employees and managers about payroll matters such as tax issues, benefits and deductions
- finalising files and arrangements when employees retire, resign or transfer
- may be involved in maintaining superannuation and other deduction and contribution records
551311 PAYROLL CLERK
Prepares payroll and related records for employee salaries and statutory record-keeping purposes.
Skill Level: 4
Follow us on...Like us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Follow us on Instagram