MINOR GROUP 532 KEYBOARD OPERATORS
KEYBOARD OPERATORS input and process text and data, and prepare, edit and generate documents for storage, processing, publication and transmission.
Indicative Skill Level:
Most occupations in this minor group have a level of skill commensurate with the qualifications and experience outlined below.
AQF Certificate II or III (ANZSCO Skill Level 4)
In New Zealand:
NZQF Level 2 or 3 qualification (ANZSCO Skill Level 4)
At least one year of relevant experience may substitute for the formal qualifications listed above. In some instances relevant experience and/or on-the-job training may be required in addition to the formal qualification.
- entering data and codes required to process information
- retrieving, confirming and updating data in storage and keeping records of data input
- taking verbatim records of proceedings in rapid shorthand using computerised equipment and shorthand-writing machines
- transcribing information recorded in shorthand and on sound recording equipment, and proofreading and correcting copy
- reading portions of transcripts during trials and other proceedings on request of Judges and other officials
- reproducing the spoken word, environmental sounds and song lyrics as captions for television programming, and the deaf and hearing impaired
- preparing reports, letters and similar material for publication and electronic transmission
- sorting outgoing material and preparing documents for transmission
Follow us on...Like us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Follow us on Instagram