MINOR GROUP 712 STATIONARY PLANT OPERATORS
STATIONARY PLANT OPERATORS operate stationary plant to perform a range of activities such as extracting minerals from the earth; refining and treating metals and mineral ore, and producing basic metal products; lifting, moving and placing materials and equipment; and loading and stacking bulk materials.
Indicative Skill Level:
Most occupations in this minor group have a level of skill commensurate with the qualifications and experience outlined below.
AQF Certificate II or III, or at least one year of relevant experience (ANZSCO Skill Level 4)
In New Zealand:
NZQF Level 4 qualification, or at least three years of relevant experience (ANZSCO Skill Level 3); or
In some instances relevant experience and/or on-the-job training may be required in addition to the formal qualification.
NZQF Level 2 or 3 qualification, or at least one year of relevant experience (ANZSCO Skill Level 4)
- fixing attachments to plant and setting controls prior to operation
- manipulating controls to move materials between process phases
- observing operation and adjusting controls to regulate temperature, pressure, mix of materials to be processed and handled, and speed of operation
- monitoring operation of plant directly or by referring to instruments ensuring safe operation
- cleaning and lubricating plant, repairing minor defects and reporting major problems
- unloading and storing output
Follow us on...Like us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Follow us on Instagram