SUB-MAJOR GROUP 41 HEALTH AND WELFARE SUPPORT WORKERS
HEALTH AND WELFARE SUPPORT WORKERS assist Health Professionals in the provision of patient care in hospitals, nursing homes and other health and community-based care facilities, and provide support, information and advice to clients on a range of social welfare matters.
Indicative Skill Level:
Most occupations in this sub-major group have a level of skill commensurate with the qualifications and experience outlined below.
AQF Bachelor degree or higher qualification. At least five years of relevant experience may substitute for the formal qualification (ANZSCO Skill Level 1); or
AQF Associate Degree, Advanced Diploma or Diploma, or at least three years of relevant experience (ANZSCO Skill Level 2)
In New Zealand:
NZQF Bachelor degree or higher qualification. At least five years of relevant experience may substitute for the formal qualification (ANZSCO Skill Level 1); or
NZQF Diploma, or at least three years of relevant experience (ANZSCO Skill Level 2)
In some instances relevant experience and/or on-the-job training may be required in addition to the formal qualification.
- attending accidents and providing pre-hospital care and transport
- examining and treating ailments of the teeth and gums, and constructing and repairing dental devices
- planning and implementing leisure activity programs for individuals in health care and in the community to assist in their social development and promote a sense of wellbeing
- assessing, planning and implementing nursing care for patients according to accepted nursing practice and standards
- providing advice, training and support to parents of newborn infants
- acting as an advocate, interpreter and educator to assist in the provision and coordination of health care delivery to Indigenous communities
- utilising a range of techniques such as soft tissue massage to assist healing, prevent injury and promote relaxation
- advising clients on emotional, financial, recreational, health, housing and other social welfare matters
Follow us on...Like us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Follow us on Instagram