UNIT GROUP 2393 DIETITIANS
DIETITIANS apply the science of human nutrition to assist individuals, groups and communities attain, maintain and promote health.
The entry requirement for this unit group is a bachelor degree or higher qualification.
- providing nutrition assessments, nutrition management, nutrition education, research and training
- collecting, organising and assessing data relating to health and nutritional status of individuals, groups and communities
- planning diets and menus and instructing people on the requirements and importance of diet, and on the planning and preparation of food
- consulting with other health professionals and related workers on nutrition, including controlled diets for people with special needs
- monitoring food intake and quality to provide nutritional care
- planning, conducting and evaluating nutrition intervention programs and compiling educational material