Information Technology Manager
Computer Services Manager
Plans, administers and reviews the acquisition, development, maintenance and use of computer and telecommunications systems within an organisation.
The entry requirement for this occupation is a bachelor degree or higher qualification or at least 5 years relevant experience. In some instances relevant experience is required in addition to the formal qualification.
- analyses information needs, and specifies technology to meet those needs
- directs the formulation of information technology strategies, policies and plans
- directs the selection and installation of information technology and the provision of user training
- directs information technology operations, integrating computer hardware, operating systems, communications, software applications and data processing
- sets priorities between system developments, maintenance and operations
- controls the security of information technology systems
- controls the selection and training of computing professionals and support technicians and manages their performance
- monitors the operations of electronic information technology systems and develops improvements