Portrays roles in productions for theatre, film, radio and television productions.
The entry requirement for this occupation is a bachelor degree or higher qualification or at least 5 years relevant experience. This occupation requires high levels of creative talent or personal commitment and interest as well as, or in place of, formal qualifications or experience.
- reads scripts and undertakes research to gain understanding of parts, themes and characterisations
- learns lines and cues and rehearses part, and applies vocal and movement skills to the development of characterisation
- prepares for performances through rehearsals under the instruction and guidance of the Director
- acts parts and portrays roles as developed in rehearsals
- acts in commercials
- may sing and dance or play a musical instrument
- may undertake promotional work