3411-11 Enrolled Nurse
Assists registered nurses, doctors and other health professionals in the provision of patient care in hospitals, nursing homes and other health care facilities.
The entry requirement for this occupation is an AQF Diploma or higher qualification or at least 3 years relevant experience. In some instances relevant experience is required in addition to the formal qualification. Registration or licensing is required.
- carries out basic observations such as temperature, pulse rate, blood pressure and blood glucose levels
- maintains an accurate written record of the patients' condition and fluid intake and output, and collects specimens as required
- applies dressings and performs routine care such as changing and bathing patients
- attends to the personal needs and general comfort of patients, particularly attending to pressure area care and toileting of patients in need of special care
- assists with the maintenance of a safe environment for both patients and other staff
- may assist patients with feeding and cleaning after meals
- may specialise in a particular area of enrolled nursing care