4987-11 Chemical Plant Operator
Controls the operation of chemical production equipment.
The entry requirement for this occupation is an AQF Certificate III or higher qualification.
- observes and controls the operation of continuous or batch processing chemical plant using field controls and computer control systems
- determines and obtains materials and supplies
- controls the preparation, measuring and feeding of raw material and processing agents such as catalysts and filtering media into plant
- operates controls to regulate machinery, temperature, pressure and rate of flow
- takes samples and reviews quality and quantity of work undertaken
- patrols plant and inspects equipment to ensure proper operation and detect abnormalities
- issues permits for maintenance work and ensures work is performed in accordance with safety standards
- cleans and maintains equipment
- may operate equipment to generate, compress, refrigerate, liquefy and solidify gases or equipment such as furnaces, dissolving tanks and evaporators
Chemicals Fermentation Operator
Industrial Gas Production Operator
Pharmaceutical Plant Operator
Pilot Plant Operator