2323-11 Registered Nurse
Provides nursing care for patients in hospitals, nursing homes, extended care facilities or other health care facilities and in the community.
The entry requirement for this occupation is a bachelor degree or higher qualification. Registration or licensing is required.
- assesses, plans, implements and evaluates nursing care for patients according to accepted nursing practice and standards
- liaises with other health professionals and members of health teams
- assists medical practitioners to examine patients, administer treatment and deliver babies
- observes, records and reports on patients' condition and their reactions to drugs and other treatments
- promotes health and assists in the prevention of ill health by participating in health education and other health promotion activities
- supervises and coordinates the work of enrolled nurses and other health care workers
- may specialise in a particular area of nursing care
Acute Care Nurse
Aged Care Nurse
Clinical Nurse Consultant
Clinical Nurse Specialist
Remote/Rural Area Nurse