UNIT GROUP 2121 ARCHITECTS AND LANDSCAPE ARCHITECTS
ARCHITECTS AND LANDSCAPE ARCHITECTS design commercial, industrial, institutional, residential or recreational buildings or landscapes.
The entry requirement for this unit group is a bachelor degree or higher qualification. In some instances relevant experience is required in addition to the formal qualification.
- obtaining advice from clients or management to determine type, style and size of buildings or alterations
- providing information regarding designs, materials and estimated building times
- preparing project documentation, including sketches and scale drawings, and integrating structural, mechanical and aesthetic elements in final designs
- writing specifications and contract documents for use by builders and calling tenders on behalf of clients
- consulting with associated professionals and clients on matters concerning external area designs, costs and construction
- compiling and analysing site and community data on geographical aspects, ecology of area land forms, soils, vegetation, site hydrology, visual characteristics and human-made structures, to formulate land use and development recommendations and for the preparation of environmental impact statements
- preparing reports, site plans, working drawings, specifications and cost estimates for land development, showing location and details of proposals, including ground modelling, structures, vegetation and access
- inspecting construction work in progress to ensure compliance with plans, specifications and quality standards