UNIT GROUP 6393 PRISON OFFICERS
PRISON OFFICERS supervise and control inmates in prisons and other correctional institutions.
The entry requirement for this unit group is an AQF Certificate II or higher qualification or at least one years relevant experience.
- observing the conduct and behaviour of prisoners, to prevent disturbances and escapes
- inspecting and maintaining the security of locks, window bars, grilles, doors and gates
- supervising prisoners during work assignments, recreational periods, sports and meals
- assisting with the implementation of programs organised for prisoners
- searching prisoners and cells for weapons, drugs or contraband items
- patrolling assigned areas and reporting breaches of rules, unsatisfactory attitudes or prisoner adjustment problems