2125-11 Electrical Engineer
Designs, develops and supervises the manufacture, installation, operation and maintenance of equipment, machines and systems for the generation, distribution, utilisation and control of electric power.
The entry requirement for this occupation is a bachelor degree or higher qualification. In some instances relevant experience is required in addition to the formal qualification. Registration or licensing may be required.
- plans and designs the manufacture and installation of electric power equipment and facilities
- determines the type and arrangement of circuits, transformers, circuit-breakers, transmission lines and other equipment
- develops products such as electric motors, components, equipment and appliances
- interprets specifications, drawings, standards and regulations relating to electric power equipment and use
- organises and manages resources used in the supply of electrical components, machines, appliances and equipment
- establishes delivery and installation schedules for machines, switchgear, cables and fittings
- supervises the operation and maintenance of power stations, transmission and distribution systems and industrial plants
- may specialise in research in areas such as power generation and transmission systems, transformers, switchgear and electric motors, telemetry and control systems
Electrical Design Engineer