Patrols and guards industrial and commercial property, railway yards, stations and other facilities.
The entry requirement for this occupation is completion of compulsory secondary education and higher qualification. Registration or licensing may be required.
- patrols areas and checks doors, windows and gates for unauthorised entry
- watches for irregularities such as fire hazards, malfunctions of machinery or equipment, lights left on, leaking water pipes and unlocked security doors
- issues security passes to authorised visitors and gives directions
- records times of entry and departure of authorised persons and times of inspections
- monitors alarms and contacts supervisors, fire brigades or police by telephone or radio if security is breached
- detects and investigates shoplifting, fraud and other unlawful acts of employees or patrons of business establishments
- prepares reports, questions suspects, obtains statements and gives evidence in court
- patrols railway yards and railway stations to maintain order and prevent vandalism
- may check people and their hand luggage to detect concealed weapons and explosives
- may carry out crowd control
Mobile Patrol Officer
Railway Patrol Officer