UNIT GROUP 4411 CARPENTRY AND JOINERY TRADESPERSONS
CARPENTRY AND JOINERY TRADESPERSONS construct and install structures and fixtures of wood, plywood or wallboard and cut, shape and fit timber parts to form structures and fittings.
The entry requirement for this unit group is an AQF Certificate III or higher qualification. In some instances relevant experience is required in addition to the formal qualification.
- ordering and selecting timbers and materials, and preparing layouts
- cutting materials, and assembling or nailing cut and shaped parts
- erecting frameworks and roof framing, laying sub-flooring and floorboards and verifying trueness of structures
- nailing fascia panels, sheathing roofs and fitting exterior wall cladding, door and window frames
- assembling prepared wood to form structures and fittings ready to install
- cutting wood joints using wood cutting machines or hand and power tools