UNIT GROUP 4512 BAKERS AND PASTRYCOOKS
BAKERS AND PASTRYCOOKS prepare and bake bread loaves and rolls, buns, cakes, biscuits and pastry goods.
The entry requirement for this unit group is an AQF Certificate III or higher qualification. In some instances relevant experience is required in addition to the formal qualification.
- checking the cleanliness and operation of equipment and premises before production runs ensuring compliance with occupational health and safety regulations
- kneading, maturing, cutting, moulding, mixing and shaping dough
- monitoring oven temperatures and product appearance to determine baking times
- coordinating the forming, loading, baking and unloading of batches of bread, rolls and pastry products
- glazing buns and pastries, and decorating cakes with cream or icing
- operating machines which roll and mould dough or cut biscuits