4911-11 Graphic Pre-Press Tradesperson
Sets and composes type and graphics into a format for printing or other visual media.
The entry requirement for this occupation is an AQF Certificate III or higher qualification.
- operates graphic cameras or other photographic equipment to reproduce camera ready copy onto films
- operates plate making equipment to reproduce images from film to printing plates
- operates computer screen based equipment for scanning, colour separation, colour correction, masking, creative design, combining, imposing, retouching, or other processes used to transfer copy to film and produce film for plate or cylinder productions
- develops film manually or by film processor
- carries out dot etching, retouching, planning, combining, colour correction, colour separation, opaquing or stripping
- carries out chemical proofing from negative or positive film
- prints proofs and checks them for quality
- prepares and exposes carbon tissue for laying on cylinders by transfer method, then develops images
- chrome-plates, polishes and coats cylinders with light sensitive coatings
- produces film positives or negatives, or bromides, by contact printing