UNIT GROUP 2111 CHEMISTS
CHEMISTS study the chemical and physical properties of substances and develop and monitor chemical processes and production.
The entry requirement for this unit group is a bachelor degree or higher qualification. In some instances relevant experience is required in addition to the formal qualification.
- conducting experiments and tests to identify the chemical composition and reactive properties of natural substances or processed materials
- developing procedures, instruments, recording and testing systems to be used in experiments
- analysing or conducting research to develop theories, techniques and processes, and testing the reliability of these under a variety of conditions
- developing practical applications of experimental and research findings
- developing and monitoring quality control procedures for the manufacture of products in plants or factories