Organises and controls the operations of a retail trading establishment.
The entry requirement for this occupation is an AQF Diploma or higher qualification or at least 3 years relevant experience. In some instances relevant experience is required in addition to the formal qualification.
- plans, directs and participates in the operations of the establishment
- determines product mix, stock levels and service standards
- sells products and services to customers and advises them on product use
- selects, trains and supervises staff
- maintains records of stock levels and financial transactions
- undertakes business planning and budgeting for the store
- develops and implements marketing and promotion of goods and services
- ensures merchandise is well presented to enhance the shop's image
- ensures that shop premises, fixtures and fittings are cleaned and maintained
- supervises store security and cash handling procedures
- arranges the purchase and pricing of goods for sale