3129-15 Mine Deputy
Oversees the safety of mining operations and supervises miners.
The entry requirement for this occupation is an AQF Diploma or higher qualification or at least 3 years relevant experience. In some instances relevant experience is required in addition to the formal qualification. Registration or licensing may be required.
- inspects mining operations to ensure safety requirements of the Mines Regulation Act are met
- ensures roadways and machinery are in safe condition
- conducts tests to detect the presence of gas and ensure underground ventilation is adequate
- oversees the storage and use of explosives
- supervises mine workers in underground or open cut mines
- reports to mine managers on necessary improvements to efficiency or safety