UNIT GROUP 2381 DENTAL PRACTITIONERS
DENTAL PRACTITIONERS diagnose diseases, injuries, decay and malformations of teeth, gums, mouth tissue, jaw and other dento-facial structures, prescribe and administer restorative and preventive procedures, including surgery and other specialist techniques.
The entry requirement for this unit group is a bachelor degree or higher qualification.
- examining teeth, gums, tissues and dento-facial structures, using dental and X-ray equipment in order to diagnose dental problems
- filling cavities and extracting decayed or deformed teeth
- constructing inlays and artificial crowns to replace teeth
- designing, constructing and fitting complete and partial dentures, orthodontic and other appliances and performing bridge work
- performing specialist examinations and tests and undertaking or arranging appropriate treatment in a specialist area