1294-13 Commissioned Fire Officer
Provides high level management to support the running of a geographical or operational section of a fire service.
The entry requirement for this occupation is a bachelor degree or higher qualification and at least 5 years relevant experience. In some instances relevant experience may substitute for the formal qualification.
- develops and implements fire service policies and administers rules and regulations to enforce fire prevention
- coordinates the provision and maintenance of fire fighting and fire safety facilities and equipment
- commands and controls firefighting teams at fires and emergencies
- establishes administrative and operational procedures, taking account of the organisation's operating environment
- prepares budgets and other management plans
- establishes lines of control and delegates responsibilities to subordinate staff
- controls the collection and interpretation of management information to monitor performance
- controls the preparation of reports, authorises the release of information and handles public relations activities
- may control the selection and training of staff
Inspector (Fire Services)