UNIT GROUP 8315 LAUNDRY WORKERS
LAUNDRY WORKERS sort, clean, fold, iron and package clothing or other items in laundry establishments.
The entry requirement for this unit group is completion of compulsory secondary education or higher qualification.
- sorting articles for cleaning according to the type of article, colour, fabric and cleaning treatment required
- placing sorted articles into receptacles or onto conveyor belts for moving to repair or cleaning areas
- loading and unloading washing machines, driers and extractors
- adding cleaning agents and starches
- smoothing articles and guiding them through machines, checking for stains and holes
- placing articles on shelves or hanging garments for delivery or collection