2128-15 Electrical or Electronics Engineering Technologist
Applies and modifies established engineering practices such as the design and implementation of electrical and electronic engineering projects.
The entry requirement for this occupation is a bachelor degree or higher qualification. In some instances relevant experience is required in addition to the formal qualification. Registration or licensing may be required.
- assists in the design and development of electrical and electronic engineering projects
- modifies established practices or applies newly developed electrical and electronic engineering practices
- oversees specialist engineering tasks such as design drafting, estimating and operations control
- tests and evaluates circuits, systems and components used in electronics, electrical power, communications and computers
- provides marketing and support advice on electrical and electronic engineering products such as components for electrical, electronic, communication and computer systems
- outlines work programs and reviews these for accuracy, adequacy and feasibility
- plans, supervises and coordinates the work of others