1296-13 Artistic Director
Determines and oversees implementation of artistic policies for performing arts organisations such as theatre companies, dance companies, music ensembles, festivals and venues.
The entry requirement for this occupation is a bachelor degree or higher qualification or at least 5 years relevant experience. In some instances relevant experience is required in addition to the the formal qualification.
- formulates and develops the organisation's artistic policy
- selects and plans the organisation's artistic program, and selects and supervises artistic staff
- oversees, advises and assists with the implementation of the selected program
- ensures liaison between all parts of the organisation
- oversees and advises on the organisation's public image
- undertakes long-term planning for the organisation
- advises and reports to the organisation's governing board
- works closely with the organisation's General Manager
- may be creatively involved as an artist in the organisation's artistic output
- may function as the organisation's chief executive officer