UNIT GROUP 6396 FITNESS INSTRUCTORS AND RELATED WORKERS
FITNESS INSTRUCTORS AND RELATED WORKERS direct, instruct and guide individuals or groups in the pursuit of physical fitness, well-being and in outdoor adventure activities.
The entry requirement for this unit group is an AQF Certificate II or higher qualification or at least one years relevant experience.
- evaluating and monitoring clients abilities and fitness and recommending activities, such as aerobics, weight training or aqua aerobics
- demonstrating and teaching body movements and skills used in fitness routines
- organising and supervising groups involved in outdoor adventures such as rafting, bushwalking, caving and mountaineering
- teaching and advising on the use of fitness equipment
- providing advice on safety measures, minimising risk to participants and rendering first aid