Screen Tasmania was established in 1999 by the State Government to foster, develop and support screen-based industries within Tasmania and attract interstate and international productions and participation.
Screen Tasmania aims to provide cultural and economic benefits to Tasmania with objectives including:
- telling Tasmanian stories to the world
- raising the profile of Tasmania and Tasmanians
- improving the depth of industry skills
- attracting interstate and international projects and investment to the State
Screen Tasmania and its program aims to position screen industries in Tasmania to the best advantage within a national and international context.
Further information can be found on the Screen Tasmania web site http://www.screentas.tas.gov.au.
- creating employment opportunities for Tasmanian screen practitioners encouraging the development of training courses in Tasmania.