SCOPE OF THE VARIABLE
16. The variable Labour Force Status is applicable to all persons in the usually resident civilian population, aged 15 years and over. For more detail see The Labour Force Framework - Scope of the population.
17. In the Labour Force Survey members of the Australian permanent defence forces are excluded from the scope of the survey.
THE CLASSIFICATION CRITERIA
18. The criteria used in classifying units in the classification are:
THE STANDARD CLASSIFICATION
19. The standard classification is a one level classification comprising three categories:
- whether a person has a job
- whether those who do not have a job are actively seeking work
- whether those who are actively seeking work are available to start work
20. Definitions of the above categories are detailed in Labour Force Framework - Underlying Concepts.
THE CODE STRUCTURE
21. The code structure of the classification is:
- Not in the Labour Force
|Not in the Labour Force