FEBRUARY KEY FIGURES
January 2018 to February 2018
|Turnover at current prices |
|Seasonally Adjusted |
FEBRUARY KEY POINTS
Current Prices -
- The trend estimate rose 0.4% in February 2018. This follows a rise of 0.3% in January 2018 and a rise of 0.3% in December 2017.
- The seasonally adjusted estimate rose 0.6% in February 2018. This follows a rise of 0.2% in January 2018 and a fall of 0.5% in December 2017.
- In trend terms, Australian turnover rose 2.7% in February 2018 compared with February 2017.
- The following industries rose in trend terms in February 2018: Food retailing (0.3%), Household goods retailing (0.6%), Other retailing (0.4%), Cafes, restaurants and takeaway food services (0.4%), and Clothing, footwear and personal accessory retailing (0.4%). Department stores (-0.2%) fell in trend terms in February 2018.
- The following states and territories rose in trend terms in February 2018: Victoria (0.6%), New South Wales (0.3%), Queensland (0.3%), South Australia (0.3%), Western Australia (0.1%), Tasmania (0.2%), the Australian Capital Territory (0.1%), and the Northern Territory (0.2%).
CHANGES IN THIS ISSUE
|ISSUE ||Release Date|
|March 2018 ||8 May 2018|
|April 2018 ||4 June 2018|
|May 2018 ||4 July 2018|
|June 2018 ||3 August 2018|
|July 2018 ||3 September 2018|
|August 2018 ||5 October 2018|
This issue includes updated online retail turnover estimates for the February 2018 reference month. The estimates are provided and explained in the appendix section of this publication.
There are no revisions to the original estimates. Revisions to seasonally adjusted estimates are due to the concurrent methodology for deriving seasonal factors. For information on seasonal adjustment and trend estimation please refer to the explanatory notes of this publication.
TIME SERIES DATA
Data available from the Downloads tab of this issue on the ABS website include longer time series of tables in this publication:
- Monthly retail turnover by state and 15 industry subgroups in trend, seasonally adjusted and original terms
- Monthly retail turnover completely enumerated and sample sectors, by six industry groups and also by state in original terms
- Monthly retail turnover completely enumerated sector, total level in trend, seasonally adjusted and original terms
- Quarterly retail chain volume measures by six industry groups and also by state in trend, seasonally adjusted and original terms
- Quarterly retail turnover per capita in trend, seasonally adjusted and original terms
- Quarterly sales to households by selected service industries in original terms.