APRIL KEY FIGURES
March 2019 to April 2019
|Turnover at current prices |
|Seasonally Adjusted |
APRIL KEY POINTS
Monthly Turnover, Current Prices - Trend Estimate
- The trend estimate rose 0.2% in April 2019. This follows a rise of 0.2% in March 2019, and a rise of 0.2% in February 2019.
- The seasonally adjusted estimate fell 0.1% in April 2019. This follows a rise of 0.3% in March 2019, and a rise of 0.8% in February 2019.
- In trend terms, Australian turnover rose 2.9% in April 2019 compared with April 2018.
- The following industries rose in trend terms in April 2019: Food retailing (0.4%), Cafes, restaurants and takeaway food services (0.4%), Other retailing (0.1%), Department stores (0.2%), and Clothing, footwear and personal accessory retailing (0.1%). Household goods retailing (-0.2%) fell in trend terms in April 2019.
- The following states and territories rose in trend terms in April 2019: Queensland (0.5%), New South Wales (0.2%), Victoria (0.2%), South Australia (0.3%), the Northern Territory (0.1%), and the Australian Capital Territory (0.1%). Tasmania (0.0%) was relatively unchanged. Western Australia (-0.1%) fell in trend terms in April 2019.
CHANGES IN THIS ISSUE
|ISSUE ||Release Date|
|May 2019 ||4 July 2019|
|June 2019 ||2 August 2019|
|July 2019 ||3 September 2019|
|August 2019 ||4 October 2019|
|September 2019 ||4 November 2019|
|October 2019 ||5 December 2019|
This issue includes online retail turnover estimates for the April 2019 reference month and updated consumer sales estimates for the March 2019 quarter.
An annual reanalysis of seasonal and trading day factors was completed. This leads to revisions to the Retail Trade series only for published seasonally adjusted and trend series. This does not impact related series, including Australian National Accounts: National Income, Expenditure and Product (cat. no. 5206.0).
The ABS intends to cease publishing a PDF as part of the release of Retail Trade (cat. no. 8501.0). All of the information that is contained in the PDF will be available elsewhere in this release. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org should you have any concerns.
TIME SERIES DATA
Data available from the Downloads tab of this issue on the ABS website include longer time series of tables in this publication:
- Monthly retail turnover by state and 15 industry subgroups in trend, seasonally adjusted and original terms
- Monthly retail turnover completely enumerated and sample sectors, by six industry groups and also by state in original terms
- Monthly retail turnover completely enumerated sector, total level in trend, seasonally adjusted and original terms
- Quarterly retail chain volume measures by six industry groups and also by state in trend, seasonally adjusted and original terms
- Quarterly retail turnover per capita in trend, seasonally adjusted and original terms
- Quarterly sales to households by selected service industries in original terms
- Quarterly measures of total retail turnover per capita.