JUNE KEY FIGURES
May 2019 to June 2019
|Turnover at current prices |
|Seasonally Adjusted |
June Qtr 2019
March Qtr 2019 to June Qtr 2019
|Turnover in volume terms |
|Seasonally Adjusted |
JUNE KEY POINTS
Current Prices -
in volume terms -
- The trend estimate rose 0.2% in June 2019. This follows a rise of 0.2% in May 2019 and a rise of 0.2% in April 2019.
- The seasonally adjusted estimate rose 0.4% in June 2019. This follows a rise of 0.1% in May 2019 and fall of 0.1% in April 2019.
- In trend terms, Australian turnover rose 2.7% in June 2019 compared with June 2018.
- The following industries rose in trend terms in June 2019: Other retailing (0.4%), Clothing, footwear and personal accessory retailing (0.6%), Food retailing (0.1%), Household goods retailing (0.2%), Cafes, restaurants and takeaway food services (0.2%), and Department stores (0.2%).
- The following states and territories rose in trend terms in June 2019: Victoria (0.3%), Queensland (0.4%), South Australia (0.3%), the Australian Capital Territory (0.4%), Tasmania (0.3%), and the Northern Territory (0.2%). New South Wales (0.0%), and Western Australia (0.0%) were relatively unchanged in trend terms in June 2019.
- In volume terms, the trend estimate for Australian turnover was relatively unchanged (0.0%) in the June quarter 2019.
CHANGES IN THIS ISSUE
|ISSUE ||Release Date|
|July 2019 ||3 September 2019|
|August 2019 ||4 October 2019|
|September 2019 ||4 November 2019|
|October 2019 ||5 December 2019|
|November 2019 ||10 January 2020|
|December 2019 ||6 February 2020|
There are no revisions to the original estimates. An annual seasonal reanalysis was completed. A seasonal break has been included for the Electrical and Electronic Goods Series. This will result in revisions to the monthly and quarterly seasonally adjusted estimates. Changes will not impact related publications, including Australian National Accounts: National Income, Expenditure and Product (cat. no. 5206.0).
This issue includes updated quarterly measures of retail turnover per capita and updated online retail turnover estimates for the June 2019 reference month.
This issue is expected to be the final release with a PDF. Please contact email@example.com should you have any concerns.
TIME SERIES DATA
- Data available from the Downloads tab of this issue on the ABS website include longer time series of tables in this publication:
- Monthly retail turnover by state and 15 industry subgroups in trend, seasonally adjusted and original terms
- Monthly retail turnover completely enumerated and sample sectors, by six industry groups and also by state in original terms
- Monthly retail turnover completely enumerated sector, total level in trend, seasonally adjusted and original terms
- Quarterly retail chain volume measures by six industry groups and also by state in trend, seasonally adjusted and original terms
- Quarterly retail turnover per capita in trend, seasonally adjusted and original terms
- Quarterly sales to households by selected service industries in original terms
- Quarterly measures of total retail turnover per capita.