OCTOBER KEY FIGURES
|October 2019 ||September 2019 to October 2019 |
|$m ||% change |
|Turnover at current prices |
|Trend ||27 594.2 ||0.2 |
|Seasonally Adjusted ||27 572.0 ||0.0 |
OCTOBER KEY POINTS
Monthly Turnover, Current Prices - Trend Estimate
- The trend estimate rose 0.2% in October 2019. This follows a rise of 0.2% in September 2019, and a rise of 0.2% in August 2019.
- The seasonally adjusted estimate was relatively unchanged (0.0%) in October 2019. This follows a rise of 0.2% in September 2019, and a rise of 0.4% in August 2019.
- In trend terms, Australian turnover rose 2.3% in October 2019 compared with October 2018.
- The following industries rose in trend terms in October 2019: Food retailing (0.2%), Other retailing (0.2%), Household goods retailing (0.2%), Clothing, footwear and personal accessory retailing (0.2%), and Cafes, restaurants and takeaway food services (0.1%). Department stores (-0.1%) fell in trend terms in October 2019.
- The following states and territories rose in trend terms in October 2019: New South Wales (0.1%), Western Australia (0.4%), Queensland (0.2%), Tasmania (0.7%), the Australian Capital Territory (0.4%) and the Northern Territory (0.5%). Victoria (0.0%) was relatively unchanged. South Australia (-0.1%) fell in trend terms in October 2019.
CHANGES IN THIS ISSUE
|ISSUE ||Release Date|
|November 2019 ||10 January 2020|
|December 2019 ||6 February 2020|
|January 2020 ||6 March 2020|
|February 2020 ||3 April 2020|
|March 2020 ||4 May 2020|
|April 2020 ||4 June 2020|
There are no revisions to the original estimates. Revisions to seasonally adjusted estimates are due to the concurrent methodology for deriving seasonal factors.
This issue includes updated online retail turnover estimates for the October 2019 reference month and updated consumer sales estimates for the September quarter 2019. The estimates are provided and explained in the appendix section of this publication.
TIME SERIES DATA
- Data available from the Downloads tab of this issue on the ABS website include longer time series of tables in this publication:
- Monthly retail turnover by state and 15 industry subgroups in trend, seasonally adjusted and original terms
- Monthly retail turnover completely enumerated and sample sectors, by six industry groups and also by state in original terms
- Monthly retail turnover completely enumerated sector, total level in trend, seasonally adjusted and original terms
- Quarterly retail chain volume measures by six industry groups and also by state in trend, seasonally adjusted and original terms
- Quarterly retail turnover per capita in trend, seasonally adjusted and original terms
- Quarterly sales to households by selected service industries in original terms
- Quarterly measures of total retail turnover per capita.