JUNE KEY FIGURES
March Quarter 2009
June Quarter 2009
June Quarter 2008
June Quarter 2009
|Number of disputes |
|Commenced in period (no.) |
|Total (no.) |
|Employees involved |
|Newly involved ('000) |
|Total ('000) |
|Working days lost ('000) |
JUNE KEY POINTS
Working days lost
YEAR ENDED ESTIMATES
- For the June quarter 2009, there were 58 disputes, 10 more than in the March quarter 2009.
- The number of employees involved in industrial disputes in the June quarter 2009 was 43,900, an increase from 8,400 in the March quarter 2009.
- There were 47,300 working days lost due to industrial disputation in the June quarter 2009, an increase from 11,600 in the March quarter 2009.
- The Education and training and Health care and social assistance industries accounted for 31,900 (67%) of the total number of working days lost in the June quarter 2009. The Education and training and Health care and social assistance industries also had the highest number of working days lost per thousand employees (16.9) for the quarter.
- In the June quarter 2009, Queensland accounted for 30,400 (64%) of working days lost. Queensland also had the highest number of working days lost per thousand employees (15.5) for the quarter.
- During the year ended June 2009, there were 192 disputes, 26 more than in the year ended June 2008.
- During the year ended June 2009, there were 126,200 working days lost compared with 164,900 in the year ended June 2008.
|ISSUE (QUARTER) ||Release Date|
|September 2009 ||3 December 2009|
|December 2009 ||11 March 2010|
As a result of correcting errors in previously published data, revisions have been made to time series spreadsheets for Table 1 (12 months ended March 2009) and for Tables 4a, 4b and 4c (December quarter 2007).
For further information about these and related statistics, contact the National Information and Referral Service on 1300 135 070.
Follow us on...Like us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Follow us on Instagram