NOVEMBER KEY FIGURES
October 2016 to November 2016
|Turnover at current prices |
|Seasonally Adjusted |
NOVEMBER KEY POINTS
Current Prices -
- The trend estimate rose 0.4% in November 2016. This follows a rise of 0.4% in October 2016 and a rise of 0.4% in September 2016.
- The seasonally adjusted estimate rose 0.2% in November 2016. This follows a rise of 0.5% in October 2016 and a rise of 0.6% in September 2016.
- In trend terms, Australian turnover rose 3.4% in November 2016 compared with November 2015.
- The following industries rose in trend terms in November 2016: Household goods retailing (0.9%), Food retailing (0.4%), Cafes, restaurants and takeaway food services (0.5%), Clothing, footwear and personal accessory retailing (0.2%) and Other retailing (0.1%). Department stores (0.0%) was relatively unchanged.
- The following states and territories rose in trend terms in November 2016: New South Wales (0.4%), Queensland (0.6%), Victoria (0.4%), the Australian Capital Territory (0.5%), Western Australia (0.1%), Tasmania (0.3%) and the Northern Territory (0.4%). South Australia (0.0%) was relatively unchanged.
CHANGES IN THIS ISSUE
|ISSUE ||Release Date|
|December 2016 ||6 February 2017|
|January 2017 ||6 March 2017|
|February 2017 ||3 April 2017|
|March 2017 ||9 May 2017|
|April 2017 ||1 June 2017|
|May 2017 ||4 July 2017|
This issue includes updated online retail turnover estimates for the November 2016 reference month. These estimates are provided and explained within the appendix section of this publication.
There are no revisions to the original estimates. Revisions to seasonally adjusted estimates are due to the concurrent methodology for deriving seasonal factors. For information on seasonal adjustment and trend estimation please refer to the explanatory notes of this publication.
TIME SERIES DATA
Data available from the Downloads tab of this issue on the ABS website include longer time series of tables in this publication:
- Monthly retail turnover by state and 15 industry subgroups in trend, seasonally adjusted and original terms
- Monthly retail turnover completely enumerated and sample sectors, by six industry groups and also by state in original terms
- Monthly retail turnover completely enumerated sector, total level in trend, seasonally adjusted and original terms
- Quarterly retail chain volume measures by six industry groups and also by state in trend, seasonally adjusted and original terms
- Quarterly retail turnover per capita in trend, seasonally adjusted and original terms
- Quarterly sales to households by selected service industries in original terms.