The eLEP web service - Statistics @ your Library!
What is the eLEP service?
The eLEP services gives free full text access to all ABS publications issued since 1998. The service is available on the ABS web site. There are 4,500 issues of more than 700 ABS titles in eLEP.
Every ABS publication issued since 1998 is included in the eLEP service in full text - not just the selected set of ABS publications in the LEP Core Lists.
The publications in eLEP are fully searchable using the search engine on the ABS web site and as eLEP is integrated with the rest of the ABS web site, your clients will be able to find all the available information on their topic of interest in one place.
The eLEP service was launched in 2001. Since then the National Library of Australia and all the state libraries have subscribed, as have more than 300 public and TAFE libraries. If your library would like to subscribe you will find an Order Form and helpful information on the LEP pages of the ABS web site.
The best of both worlds - eLEP plus the ABS Flagship List
As an LEP member your library service will gain twice by subscribing to the eLEP service - as well as the full text access to all ABS publications in eLEP your library will also receive hard print copies of all the ABS Flagship titles. The Flagship titles for LEP member libraries include key reference titles such as Year Book Australia and Australian Social Trends as well as all the Census publications for your state.
8 good reasons to subscribe to the eLEP service
Does eLEP need any special software?
The eLEP service requires commonly used software already used in most organisations. Your library will need to have:
- Free full text access to more than 700 ABS titles - every publication issued since 1998!
- Ten times as many ABS titles as the LEP Core Lists
- Web access on the ABS web site - no passwords
- Connect your branch libraries - extend access to statistical information
- Access information as soon as it is released. No more waiting for publications to arrive in the mail
- Release shelf space in your library and save staff time with less accessioning, shelving and weeding ABS titles
- Get the best of both worlds - subscribe to the eLEP service and, for LEP member libraries, also receive the hard copy ABS Flagship titles
- Print complete publications to add to your library's collection - or not , as you wish. Your service, your choice!
Want more information?
There is extensive information about eLEP on the eLEP pages of the ABS web site, where you can find the eLEP Order Form, eLEP Frequently Asked Questions, eLEP training and promotional materials.
New eLEP subscribers
These libraries are some of the latest to subscribe to the free eLEP service.
- Internet access
- a web browser - either Internet Explorer version 4.0 or above, or Netscape Navigator version 4.0 or above
- Adobe Acrobat Reader, version 3.0 or above
- either a dedicated library proxy server, OR a fixed network Internet Protocol (IP) address, OR a fixed range of IPs
|City of Boroondara (Vic)||Shire of Carnarvon Library Services (WA)|
|Collie Public Library (WA)||Kimba School/Community Library (SA)|
|Glenelg Regional Library Corporation (Vic)||Upper Murray Regional Library, Albury (NSW)|
|Albany Public Library (WA)|