NOVEMBER KEY FIGURES
Oct 07 to Nov 07
|Turnover at current prices |
|Trend estimates |
|Seasonally adjusted estimates |
Trend estimates -
NOVEMBER KEY POINTS
- The trend estimate of turnover for the Australian Retail and Hospitality/Services series increased by 0.6% in November 2007. This follows an increase of 0.7% in each of the previous two months.
- In November 2007, all states and territories had an increase in the trend estimate, except Tasmania (-0.1%). The largest increases occurred in New South Wales, Victoria, South Australia and the Northern Territory (all +0.7%).
SEASONALLY ADJUSTED ESTIMATES
- The seasonally adjusted estimate of turnover for the Australian Retail and Hospitality/Services series increased by 0.8% in November 2007. This follows a revised increase of 0.3% in October 2007 and an increase of 0.7% in September 2007.
- All states and territories had increases in the seasonally adjusted estimate, except the Australian Capital Territory (-0.3%). The largest increases occurred in Western Australia (+1.9%), the Northern Territory (+1.6%) and New South Wales (+0.8%).
- In original terms, Australian turnover increased by 3.9% in November 2007 compared with October 2007. Chains and other large retailers (which are completely enumerated) increased by 5.2%, while the estimate for 'smaller' retailers (the sampled units) increased by 2.2%.
- Australian turnover increased by 8.4% in November 2007 compared with November 2006. Chains and other large retailers increased by 10.3%, while 'smaller' retailers increased by 5.8%.
|ISSUE ||Release Date|
|December 2007 ||5 February 2008|
|January 2008 ||4 March 2008|
|February 2008 ||4 April 2008|
|March 2008 ||2 May 2008|
|April 2008 ||2 June 2008|
|May 2008 ||2 July 2008|
CHANGES IN THIS ISSUE
There are no changes in this issue.
There are revisions to most series for October 2007 due to further refinement to the methodology used to calculate the estimation benchmarks and some reporting errors.
The refined benchmark methodology also impacts the estimation benchmarks used for July, August and September 2007, but the impact on estimates for these months was not significant. Therefore, no revisions have been applied for these months in this release. Further analysis, when sample rotation occurs in January, may result in further revisions to the historical series.
Standard errors for the Australian estimates (original data) for November 2007 contained in this publication are:
|Data Series |
|Level of retail turnover ($m) |
|Change from preceding month ($m) |
|% change from preceding month (%) |
For more information see the Explanatory Notes, paragraphs 32-36.
For further information about these and related statistics, contact the National Information and Referral Service on 1300 135 070 or Jeremy Walker on Canberra (02) 6252 5451.
Follow us on...Like us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Follow us on Instagram