MINOR GROUP 551 ACCOUNTING CLERKS AND BOOKKEEPERS
ACCOUNTING CLERKS AND BOOKKEEPERS compile, record and process documents relating to creditors and debtors, operating costs, financial transactions and payrolls.
Indicative Skill Level:
Most occupations in this minor group have a level of skill commensurate with the qualifications and experience outlined below.
AQF Certificate II or III (ANZSCO Skill Level 4)
In New Zealand:
NZ Register Level 2 or 3 qualification (ANZSCO Skill Level 4)
At least one year of relevant experience may substitute for the formal qualifications listed above. In some instances relevant experience and/or on-the-job training may be required in addition to the formal qualification.
- preparing and processing documentation related to accounts payable and receivable, and wages and salaries
- reconciling invoices and despatching payments
- investigating, compiling and preparing reports of operating cost data
- keeping financial records
- maintaining, reconciling and balancing accounts
- processing payments of accounts, and wages and salaries