UNIT GROUP 6323 WAITERS
WAITERS suggest and serve food and beverages in hotels, restaurants, clubs and dining establishments.
The entry requirement for this unit group is an AQF Certificate II or higher qualification or at least one years relevant experience. In some instances relevant experience is required in addition to the formal qualification.
- setting and arranging tables
- presenting menus and advising customers of menu items
- taking orders and relaying them to kitchen or bar staff
- serving food and beverages
- studying menus and drinks lists to recommend wines and beverages to complement food
- taking drink orders and obtaining the drinks from bar attendants and delivering drinks to tables
- providing advice to customers on wines, opening bottles and pouring wine
- collecting payments for sales and operating point of sales machines and cash registers