UNIT GROUP 6153 STOCK AND PURCHASING CLERKS
STOCK AND PURCHASING CLERKS monitor stock levels, prepare purchase orders and monitor supply sources, process orders for goods and services, maintain stock and inventory records and provide product information.
The entry requirement for this unit group is an AQF Certificate II or higher qualification or at least one years relevant experience. In some instances relevant experience is required in addition to the formal qualification.
- counting incoming stock and reconciling it with requisitions and updating inventory and stock location records
- receiving and checking purchase requests against inventory records or stock on hand
- investigating and identifying supply sources and preparing and processing purchase orders
- receiving, checking and recording orders
- requisitioning supplies from stock or sending orders to production departments or other firms
- confirming completion of orders and compliance with details specified
- receiving telephone, facsimile and mail orders for the purchase of products or services
- providing price and other product information to prospective customers