UNIT GROUP 7914 INSULATION AND HOME IMPROVEMENTS INSTALLERS
INSULATION AND HOME IMPROVEMENTS INSTALLERS install functional or decorative fittings, or install and apply a variety of insulation materials to improve resistance to heat, cold, air, sound or moisture, in established buildings and those under construction.
The entry requirement for this unit group is an AQF Certificate II or higher qualification or at least 1 years relevant experience.
- examining plans and specifications to determine location for insulation materials
- preparing site for insulation or installation of fittings by nailing up furring, drilling holes for screws and bolts, and erecting scaffolding
- nailing or stapling batt-type insulation to joists, studs or furring
- gluing blocks and slabs of foamed plastic or cork to walls
- operating equipment to blow or spray fibre fill or foam insulation material into cavities
- fitting awnings, flyscreens, shower screens, prefabricated windows and doors, exterior cladding and other home improvements using hand tools