7129-13 Train Controller
Oversees the safe movement of trains using a computerised train control signalling systems.
The entry requirement for this occupation is an AQF Certificate II or higher qualification or at least 1 years relevant experience.
- plots train movements and issues train schedules to drivers accordingly
- authorises the movements of trains
- monitors train movements and updates train schedules
- liaises with other train controllers, track gangs and railway stations
- arranges extra trains and crews as required
- issues customer service information, including delays, arrivals and departures
- advises drivers and train crew of maintenance on route
- completes train notices for train scheduling