UNIT GROUP 4415 SOLID PLASTERERS
SOLID PLASTERERS apply decorative and protective coverings of plaster, cement or similar materials to the interiors and exteriors of structures.
The entry requirement for this unit group is an AQF Certificate III or higher qualification. In some instances relevant experience is required in addition to the formal qualification.
- mixing plaster and cement
- applying coats of plaster to structures using trowels, and levelling and smoothing coats to uniform thickness
- plumbing and straightening corners, angles and wall and ceiling surfaces
- creating decorative textures in finishing coats
- applying and finishing acoustic, insulating and fireproofing materials bonded with plaster, plastic cement and similar materials