UNIT GROUP 9211 ENGINEERING PRODUCTION PROCESS WORKERS
ENGINEERING PRODUCTION PROCESS WORKERS perform routine tasks to assist tradespersons in metalworking or product assembly, either manually or using hand tools and appliances, usually working under close supervision.
The entry requirement for this unit group is completion of compulsory secondary education or higher qualification.
- assisting metal tradespersons by positioning and holding tools, metal stock or products
- performing assembly and dismantling operations, such as screwing or bolting
- operating power hammers, presses or other cutting and shaping tools and machines
- soldering or spot welding components using electrical spot or butt welding machine
- transporting tools, materials and workpieces to and from sites or workbenches