5999-17 Photographer's Assistant
Assists Photographers in taking and developing photographs.
The entry requirement for this occupation is an AQF Certificate III or higher qualification or at least 3 years relevant experience. In some instances relevant experience is required in addition to the formal qualification.
- arranges lights and screens, positions cameras and moves objects to create desired background for photographs
- cleans camera equipment and recharges camera batteries
- loads film into cameras and film magazines
- assists with darkroom tasks such as mixing chemical solutions and developing films, and undertakes routine printing of photographs
- transports and carries equipment on location
- may label photographs, and hire models, scenery and props