9214-11 Food and Drink Processing Machine Attendant
Controls food or drink processing machines or operates equipment in mills and refineries to process, blend or store products.
The entry requirement for this occupation is completion of compulsory secondary education or higher qualification.
- monitors product quality by inspecting, taking samples and adjusting treatment conditions
- cleans equipment, pumps, hoses, storage tanks and vessels and floors, and maintains infestation control programs
- inspects products before packaging and adjusts treatment when necessary
- prepares solutions according to formulas
- operates heating, chilling, freezing, pasteurising, carbonating, sulphuring and desulphuring plant
- mixes and adds materials such as spices and preservatives to food
- performs packaging, material handling, bottling and storage tasks
- may activate automatic plant cleaning processes
- may unload contents of bulk tankers or milk containers
Milk Treatment Machine Operator
Stockfeed Milling Machine Operator
Sugar Processing Machine Operator